To establish your business or brand, you need a website with a perfect domain name. Nonetheless, a domain is not easy to obtain. You need to choose one with a valid domain extension. Visitors see your domain name, and get an impression of your product or brand. If you want them to get attracted to your website, you should have a domain name that is catchy, pronounceable and memorable. This asks you to follow a few important steps to buy web domainsthat help improve your business and brand.
With about two billion websites on the Internet, it is not easy for your potential customers to find your business website in case your domain name is not easily distinguishable. A domain name represents your website’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is a series of numbers. It may be a word or phrase that is easy to remember for anyone.
For those who are still in search of a good domain name, here’s how you can go for it.
1. Choose a reliable domain registrar
For an appropriate domain and its registration, you need a domain name registrar. With innumerable of them online, you need to find the one who is ICANN accredited. ICANN stands for the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, which is a non-profit organization responsible for governing the domain name registration’s rules and regulations.
Having a right domain registrar will help your business choose the most suitable package. You have packages for a startup and small business, which include domain name registration and all the perks at a price based on your requirement. The prices offered are transparent and do not include any hidden charges. Choosing a domain registrar can be challenging, for most of them provide similar services. To find a right registrar, here are some factors to consider.
- Domain renewals: A domain name should be renewed to keep it with you or it will be taken by other people who keep searching for a name online. Being with a reliable domain registrar, you receive reminders for renewals or can go for an auto-renewal.
- Pricing: When deciding to buy a domain, go through the terms and conditions of service. You need to check for any hidden costs or offer for the first registration at a low upfront fee. In such cases, the renewal charges will be higher.
- Add-on services: There are domain registrars that offer add-on services like domain parking and domain privacy, which can help you save some money.
2. Conduct a domain name search
You need to find a domain name that is short and memorable. Let your chosen domain represent your brand or product name. Avoid using a number or hyphen when creating keyword combinations. You should also choose a suitable domain extension. Try to have a generic top-level domain extension like ‘.com, .net, .org. .biz, etc. There are also country-code TLDs such as ‘.uk, .co.uk, .fr, .us, .sg, etc., which you can choose if you want to attract local customer.
3. Register your domain name
To buy web domains, you can type your desired domain on the search domain tool or a domain name generator and click on the ‘Add to cart’. You can either ‘Continue shopping’ or ‘Go to cart’, which will take you to ‘My cart’ and initiate you to make payment and register it.
The above steps will help you buy web domains easily.